PLEASE READ THESE USER TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.thetechnologyacademy.com and the professional training courses (“Services”) accessible through our portal at www.thetechnologyacademy.io (the website and the portal being together, “our site”).
Who we are and how to contact us
thetechnologyacademy.com and thetechnologyacademy.io are operated by The Technology Academy, a business name of Visarion Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06084100 and have our registered office at 37-39 Southgate Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9EH. Our main trading address is 37-39 Southgate Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9EH. Our VAT number is GB 908 54 6505.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on +44 (0)1962 920 123.
By using our site and the Services you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or the Services.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We provide the Services under an agreement between you and us or between us and a customer (“Customer”) who has nominated you to participate in the Services. In providing you with an account or access link a Customer or we may invite you to access the Services. The agreement to supply the Services is governed by our Terms and Conditions of supply. We may permit our Customers to grant you access to the Services provided that the Customer remains responsible for your use and actions relating to the site and the Services. If there is any discrepancy or conflict between these terms and our Terms and Conditions of supply, the Terms and Conditions of supply shall prevail.
Other terms may apply to the Services in addition to these terms, in particular, additional terms agreed between us and the Customer as well as:
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site or access our Services, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 29 May 2020.
We may make changes to our site and the Services
We may update and change our site or our Services from time to time to reflect changes to our courses, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site and the Services
We do not guarantee that our site, the Services, or any content, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site and the Services for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
How we may use your personal information
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site and Services
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the Services, and in the material published on or through the site or the Services. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You agree that you will not do anything to infringe or prejudice those rights.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site and the Services for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site and the Services must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site or the Services for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site or the Services contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We may from time to time provide interactive services, including, without limitation, chat rooms and bulletin boards. These services may include information and materials uploaded by other users of our site or the Services. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users do not represent our views or values.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content, or to make contact with other users, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Rules, set out in more detail below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site or the Services a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site and / or suspend your user account and access to the Services if, in our opinion, your post or behaviour does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Rules below.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Acceptable Use Rules
You may not use our site or the Services:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (which are set out in more detail below).
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site or the Services in contravention of the provisions of these terms, or our Terms and Conditions of supply.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our site or the Services;
• any equipment or network on which our site or the Services are stored;
• any software used in the provision of our site or the Services; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site or the Services (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, at our sole discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
• Be defamatory of any person.
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Include child sexual abuse material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be in contempt of court.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, our affiliates and/or our licensors, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
• Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on +44 (0)1962 920 123.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of the Acceptable Use Rules has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and our Services.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site or the Services.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of the Acceptable Use Rules. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site and the Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site and the Services. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site or the Services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the Services, the servers on which our site or our Services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or the Services. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site and the Services will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to any page on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site or the Services other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our liability to you
We are not responsible for any loss, damage or cost resulting from any decisions that are made in reliance on the site or the Services. You agree that you use the site and the Services at your own risk. Our liability to you in connection with the provision of the Services is set out in the ‘Warranty and Liability’ section of our Terms and Conditions of supply.
Unless otherwise expressly permitted, you may not: (i) sell, sublicense, distribute, display, store, copy, modify, decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer, translate or transfer the site, the Services or the materials on them in whole or in part, or as a component of any other product or service; (ii) use the site, the Service or the materials on them to create any derivative works or competitive products; (iii) allow any third parties to access, use or benefit from the Services or materials on them in any way; (iv) use any programmatic, scripted or other mechanical means to access the Services or the materials on them; or (v) share your password or logon details with anyone.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Effective date: 29 May 2020