The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we collect about you.
Statement of intent
Information on visitors
Use and retention of your personal information
Contacting you for promotional purposes
Internet based transfers
Security of your information
Access to your personal information
4. Use and retention of your personal information When you supply any personal information to us (e.g. when registering for a short course) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that information. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. Any information you provide to The Technology Academy will only be used within our organisation. It will never be supplied to anyone else without first obtaining your consent, except to successors in title to our business or unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary to do so in order to provide you with the services you have requested. We will remove it in the event that you no longer wish to continue your registration as a personalised user. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are notified on the website at any time that your information may be used to allow us to contact you for 'service administration purposes', this means that we may contact you for a number of administrative purposes related to the services that you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
5. Contacting you for promotional purposes On occasion we would like to contact you by email or other written communication in order to provide you with further information about special offers or particular products that we consider may be of interest to you. You will be asked to indicate your consent to this before we use your personal information in this way. If you do consent, you will of course be given the opportunity in each and every subsequent email communication we send to you to withdraw your consent to receiving any further marketing information. From time to time we may also wish to disclose your personal information to our carefully selected business partners, in order for them to send you information about their products and services that may interest you. You will be asked to indicate your consent to this before we make any such disclosure. If you do consent, you will always be given the opportunity to withdraw your consent at a later stage. We would also like to contact you by telephone from time to time. If you do not want us to do this, we will again give you the opportunity to inform us that you do not want to be contacted in this way, before we attempt to do so.
6. Internet based transfers Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this Site and in submitting your personal information to us, you agree to our transferring your personal information on this basis to the extent necessary to provide you with the services you have requested.
7. Security of your information The Technology Academy will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Employees, agents or suppliers of The Technology Academy may be given access to your personal information, but their use of it shall be limited to the performance of their duties in relation to facilitating your use of the website and any services you request through it. Our employees, agents or suppliers who have access to your personal information are required to keep it confidential and are not permitted to use it for purposes other than to enable you to use the website or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
8. Access to your personal information You have the right to request a copy of the personal information The Technology Academy holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10.00 for processing such information requests. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, The Technology Academy, 37-39 Southgate Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 9EH, UK.
9. Linked websites This website may contain links to other websites. The Technology Academy is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites and we suggest you take time to familiarise yourself with any such practices accordingly.