Fundamentals of RF, Wireless and Microwave Measurements
Updated for 2018, this popular 2-day technical course provides a solid grounding in radio frequency (RF), wireless and microwave measurements from high-frequency (HF) to 40 GHz. It introduces basic theory and high-frequency measurement concepts before addressing a range of common RF, wireless and microwave measurements used in research and development (R&D), manufacturing test and production environments. The course also includes a series of practical measurement demonstrations to help reinforce concepts and performed using the latest RF and microwave test and measurement instruments. Throughout the course, there will be plenty of opportunities to ask the instructor questions to help clarify understanding. There will also be opportunities for hands-on time with test equipment under expert guidance from the course instructor, who brings over 30 years of experience in RF, wireless and microwave design, development and test.
Module 1 – Transmission lines and S-parameters
Module 2 – Connectors and cable care
Module 3 – Vector network analysis
Module 4 – Calibration, verification and accuracy of Vector Network Analysers
Module 5 – Spectrum analysis
Module 6 – Power measurements
Module 7 – Noise figure measurements
Module 8 – Phase noise measurements
Module 9 – Digital modulation measurements
Module 10 – Antennas and EMC
Module 11 – Practical measurement demonstrations
A detailed course brochure is available on request. Either click here to complete the contact form or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.
This technical course is aimed primarily at engineers and technicians involved in RF, wireless and microwave measurements, working in research and development, manufacturing test and production environments in the RF, wireless and microwave communications industry. The course is suitable for recent graduates or more experienced engineers moving into the RF, wireless and microwave electronics, who need to quickly get up-to-speed with high-frequency measurement techniques. Experienced RF and microwave engineers and technicians with knowledge gaps will also find the course beneficial as well as managers working in an R&D, manufacturing and production test environment, who wish to improve their understanding of RF, microwave and wireless measurements in order to better manage technical teams.
This is a technical course and the ability to assimilate and understand technical concepts is essential. A technical background is desirable in order to derive maximum benefit from the course. Participants would normally be qualified to degree level or have equivalent experience in an engineering, physics or mathematics-related subject. If you are unsure about the technical level of the course then either click here and complete the contact form or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the important principles of RF, wireless and microwave measurements
• Describe key RF, wireless and microwave measurement parameters
• Understand how to use a range of RF, wireless and microwave measurement equipment
• Reduce the risk of expensive test equipment damage, downtime and repair costs
• Understand how to correctly perform a range of RF and microwave measurements
• Develop improved problem solving capability due to better understanding of measurements
• Better utilise test equipment features and functionality
The course will take place on the following dates in 2018:
Course Code RF1009
Day 1 – Monday 10 September 2018, Registration: 9:00-9:30 AM, Start: 9:30 AM, Finish: 5:00 PM
Day 2 – Tuesday 11 September 2018, Start: 9:00 AM, Finish: 4:30 PM
REGISTER FOR COURSE RF1009
The course will be held in a modern, well-equipped conference room at Rohde & Schwarz UK.
Rohde & Schwarz UK, Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ, UK
£995 + £199 VAT = £1194 GBP
UK Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged at 20%.
Course fees cover tuition, morning and afternoon refreshments, lunches and full-colour printed reference notes. Each participant will also receive a PDF Certificate of Attendance. Accommodation and travel costs are not included in the course fees.
Travel by Car
Ample car parking is available at Rohde & Schwarz UK.
Travel by Train
The nearest railway station is Fleet, Station Approach, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QY, UK.
Rohde & Schwarz UK is 15 mins walk from the railway station or a short taxi ride.
Travel by Air
Heathrow airport is 26 miles (42 km) and Gatwick airport is 48 miles (77 km) from Rohde & Schwarz UK. If you are travelling by air, then we can reserve a taxi for you. The driver will meet you at arrivals and transfer you either to your hotel or directly to the course venue. Please call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123 if you require any travel assistance.
Please note that accommodation costs are not included in the course fees. Hotels and B&Bs can be found in the area including:
Premier Inn Fleet – distance from hotel to course venue=0.8 miles (1.2 km)
The Lismoyne Hotel – distance from hotel to course venue=1.7 miles (2.7 km)
The Elvetham Hotel – distance from hotel to course venue=3.6 miles (5.8 km)
We encourage you to read our full Terms & Conditions, which cover important issues like payment and cancellation policies.
We want to ensure that our courses meet or exceed your expectations. Therefore, if you attend a scheduled course and conclude by lunch time of the first day that the course is unsuitable, then simply notify the course instructor and we will arrange to refund 100% of the course fee. You must leave the course at this time and return all learning materials and handouts to the instructor for the guarantee to apply.
A cancellation fee of 20% will apply for cancellations received 7-14 days before the start of a course. Cancellations received less than 7 days before are not refundable. Substitute delegates can be made any time before a course starts.
Upon registering for a course, confirmation will be emailed immediately followed by the Course Joining Instructions and a VAT Invoice within 1 working day. We strongly recommend that you do not make any firm travel and/or accommodation commitments until you receive final confirmation that the course will definitely go ahead. This is sent as soon as the minimum number of attendees has been reached to make the course viable and no later than 1 week before the scheduled course start date.
• Aeroflex • Allied Aerosystems • Airbus Defence and Space • Amplifier Technology • Analog Devices • Astrium • Babcock International Group • BBC • Com Dev • DSTL • e2v Technologies • EADS • Electro Detectors • Enterprise Control Systems • Ericsson • ETL Systems • Health Protection Agency • Honeywell • Ingersoll-Rand • Intertek Testing & Certification • iWireless Solutions • Liverpool John Lennon Airport • M/A-Com Technology Solutions • Manchester Airports Group • Met Office • Ministry of Defence • National Physical Laboratory • NVIDIA • Plextek • Presteigne Charter • QinetiQ • Qualcomm • Renishaw • RFI Global Services • RF Micro Devices • Rohde & Schwarz • Selex ES • Sennheiser Consumer Electronics • Simplicity AI • Siroda • SIS LIVE • Sony Europe • Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) • Systems Interface • Tamura Europe • Teledyne Defence • Televic Rail • TMD Technologies • Trinity College Dublin • TÜV SÜD Product Service • Tyndall National Institute • Ultra Electronics • UKAEA • Underwriters Laboratories • University of Bristol • University of Liverpool • Vertu
Please click here and complete the contact form or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.