Fundamentals of RF, Wireless and Microwave Measurements
This popular 2-day technical course provides a solid grounding in RF, wireless and microwave measurements from HF to 40 GHz. It introduces fundamental high-frequency measurement concepts, including basic theory to aid understanding, before addressing a range of common RF, wireless and microwave measurements. The course includes a series of practical measurement demonstrations using modern RF and microwave test and measurement instruments to help reinforce the concepts introduced. Throughout the course, there will be plenty of opportunity to ask the instructor questions to help clarify understanding.
• Transmission lines and S-parameters
• Connectors and cable care
• Vector network analysis
• Calibration, verification and accuracy of VNAs
• Spectrum analysis
• Power measurements
• Noise figure measurements
• Phase noise measurements
• Digital modulation measurements
• Antenna measurements and EMC
• Practical measurement demonstrations
A detailed list of topics is available on request. Either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.
This technical course is aimed primarily at engineers and technicians involved in making RF, wireless and microwave measurements and working in research and development, manufacturing test and production environments in the RF, wireless and microwave communications industry. The course is also suitable for recent graduates or experienced engineers moving into the RF, wireless and microwave field, who need to quickly get up-to-speed with high-frequency measurement techniques. The course will also be of interest to managers working in a test environment, who wish to improve their understanding of RF and microwave measurements in order to better manage the test process.
This is a technical course and the ability to assimilate and understand technical concepts is essential. A technical background is desirable in order to derive maximum benefit from the course. Participants would normally be qualified to degree level or have equivalent experience in an engineering, physics or mathematics-related subject. Please contact our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123 or complete the contact form below if you are unsure about the technical level of the course.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the important principles of RF, wireless and microwave measurements
• Describe key RF, wireless and microwave measurement parameters
• Understand how to use a range of RF, wireless and microwave measurement equipment
• Reduce the risk of expensive test equipment damage, downtime and repair costs
• Understand how to correctly perform a range of RF and microwave measurements
• Develop improved problem solving capability due to better understanding of measurements
• Better utilise test equipment features and functionality
The course will take place on the following dates in 2017:
Course Code RF126
Day 1 – Monday 12 June 2017, Registration: 9:00-9:30 AM, Start: 9:30 AM, Finish: 5:00 PM
Day 2 – Tuesday 13 June 2017, Start: 9:00 AM, Finish: 4:30 PM
Places Available: Yes
Course RF126 – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Course Code RF910
Day 1 – Monday 9 October 2017, Registration: 9:00-9:30 AM, Start: 9:30 AM, Finish: 5:00 PM
Day 2 – Tuesday 10 October 2017, Start: 9:00 AM, Finish: 4:30 PM
Places Available: Yes
Course RF910 – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
The course will be held in a modern, well-equipped conference room at Rohde & Schwarz UK.
Rohde & Schwarz UK, Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ, UK
£995 + £199 VAT = £1194 GBP
UK Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged at 20%
Course fees cover tuition, morning and afternoon refreshments, lunches and full-colour printed notes. Each participant will also receive a Certificate of Attendance. Accommodation and travel costs are not included in the course fees.
Travel by Car
Ample car parking is available at Rohde & Schwarz UK.
Travel by Train
The nearest railway station is Fleet, Station Approach, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QY, UK.
Rohde & Schwarz UK is 15 mins walk from the railway station or a short taxi ride.
Travel by Air
Heathrow airport is 26 miles (42 km) and Gatwick airport is 48 miles (77 km) from Rohde & Schwarz UK. If you are travelling by air, then we can reserve a taxi for you. The driver will meet you at arrivals and transfer you either to your hotel or directly to the course venue. Please call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123 if you require any travel assistance.
Please note that accommodation costs are not included in the course fees. Hotels and B&Bs can be found in the area including:
Premier Inn Fleet – distance from hotel to course venue=0.8 miles (1.2 km)
The Lismoyne Hotel – distance from hotel to course venue=1.7 miles (2.7 km)
The Elvetham Hotel – distance from hotel to course venue=3.6 miles (5.8 km)
We encourage you to read our Terms & Conditions, which cover important issues like payment and cancellation policies.
• Aeroflex • Allied Aerosystems • Airbus Defence and Space • Amplifier Technology • Analog Devices • Astrium • Babcock International Group • BBC • Com Dev • DSTL • e2v Technologies • EADS • Electro Detectors • Enterprise Control Systems • Ericsson • ETL Systems • Health Protection Agency • Honeywell • Ingersoll-Rand • Intertek Testing & Certification • iWireless Solutions • Liverpool John Lennon Airport • M/A-Com Technology Solutions • Manchester Airports Group • Met Office • Ministry of Defence • National Physical Laboratory • NVIDIA • Plextek • Presteigne Charter • QinetiQ • Qualcomm • Renishaw • RFI Global Services • RF Micro Devices • Rohde & Schwarz • Selex ES • Sennheiser Consumer Electronics • Simplicity AI • Siroda • SIS LIVE • Sony Europe • Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) • Systems Interface • Tamura Europe • Teledyne Defence • Televic Rail • TMD Technologies • Trinity College Dublin • TÜV SÜD Product Service • Tyndall National Institute • Ultra Electronics • UKAEA • Underwriters Laboratories • University of Bristol • University of Liverpool • Vertu
If you have any questions about the course, either email email@example.com or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.