Fundamentals of Modern RF and Wireless Communications Engineering
Updated for 2017 to include recent developments in RF transceiver technologies, this popular 2-day technical course provides a thorough introduction to the fundamentals of modern RF and wireless communications engineering. The course begins by discussing basic RF characteristics, including electromagnetic waves, free-space propagation and transmission lines. Key terms defined include RF power (dBm), characteristic impedance and S-parameters. Modulation is then described, first fundamental concepts followed by increasingly complex (but important) methods such as QAM, CDMA and OFDM. The course then addresses basic RF building blocks (mixers, oscillators, filters and power amplifiers etc.) describing and discussing their individual properties as well as how they are combined to form complete RF systems. The course concludes by defining important test and measurement terms and methods used to characterise RF component and system performance. This includes a series of practical demonstrations using modern RF test and measurement instruments. Throughout the course, there will be plenty of opportunities to ask the instructor questions to help clarify understanding.
Module 1 – What is radio frequency (RF)?
Module 2 – Transmission lines
Module 3 – RF propagation
Module 4 – Modulation fundamentals
Module 5 – RF system components
Module 6 – Modern RF system transceiver architectures
Module 7 – RF testing
Module 8 – Receiver and transmitter measurements
Module 9 – Practical measurement demonstrations
A detailed list of topics is available on request. Either email email@example.com or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.
The course is aimed primarily at engineers, technicians and managers working in the RF, wireless and microwave communications industry.
This is a technical course and the ability to assimilate and understand technical concepts is essential. A technical background is desirable in order to derive maximum benefit from the course. Participants would normally be qualified to degree level or have equivalent experience in an engineering, physics or mathematics-related subject. Please contact our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123 or complete the contact form below if you are unsure about the technical level of the course.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the basic characteristics of RF and microwaves
• Describe different types of transmission line and their characteristics
• Understand the fundamentals of RF propagation
• Understand modulation and different modulation methods
• Describe various components used in RF communications systems
• Explain the basic characteristics of RF and wireless transceiver systems
• Define common terms used to characterise RF and wireless systems
• Understand how to perform a range of basic RF and wireless measurements
The course will take place on the following dates in 2017:
Course Code RF119
Day 1 – Monday 11 September 2017, Registration: 9:00-9:30 AM, Start: 9:30 AM, Finish: 5:00 PM
Day 2 – Tuesday 12 September 2017, Start: 9:00 AM, Finish: 4:30 PM
Places Available: Yes
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER WITH CORSIZIO
The course will be held in a modern, well-equipped conference room at Rohde & Schwarz UK.
Rohde & Schwarz UK, Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ, UK
£995 + £199 VAT = £1194 GBP
UK Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged at 20%
Course fees cover tuition, morning and afternoon refreshments, lunches and full-colour printed notes. Each participant will also receive a Certificate of Attendance. Accommodation and travel costs are not included in the course fees.
Travel by Car
Ample car parking is available at Rohde & Schwarz UK.
Travel by Train
The nearest railway station is Fleet, Station Approach, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QY, UK.
Rohde & Schwarz UK is 15 mins walk from the railway station or a short taxi ride.
Travel by Air
Heathrow airport is 26 miles (42 km) and Gatwick airport is 48 miles (77 km) from Rohde & Schwarz UK. If you are travelling by air, then we can reserve a taxi for you. The driver will meet you at arrivals and transfer you either to your hotel or directly to the course venue. Please call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123 if you require any travel assistance.
Please note that accommodation costs are not included in the course fees. Hotels and B&Bs can be found in the area including:
Premier Inn Fleet – distance from hotel to course venue=0.8 miles (1.2 km)
The Lismoyne Hotel – distance from hotel to course venue=1.7 miles (2.7 km)
The Elvetham Hotel – distance from hotel to course venue=3.6 miles (5.8 km)
We encourage you to read our full Terms & Conditions, which cover important issues like payment and cancellation policies.
We want to ensure that our courses meet or exceed your expectations. Therefore, if you attend a scheduled course and conclude by lunch time of the first day that the course is unsuitable, then simply notify the course instructor and we will arrange to refund 100% of the course fee. You must leave the course at this time and return all learning materials and handouts to the instructor for the guarantee to apply.
A cancellation fee of 20% will apply for cancellations received 7-14 days before the start of a course. Cancellations received less than 7 days before are not refundable. Substitute delegates can be made any time before a course starts.
Upon registering for a course, confirmation will be emailed immediately followed by the Course Joining Instructions and a VAT Invoice within 1 working day. We strongly recommend that you do not make any firm travel and/or accommodation commitments until you receive final confirmation that the course will definitely go ahead. This is sent as soon as the minimum number of attendees has been reached to make the course viable and no later than 1 week before the scheduled course start date.
• Aeroflex • Alcatel-Lucent Telecom • Allied Aerosystems • Airbus Defence and Space • Amplifier Technology • Analog Devices • Arqiva • Astrium • Babcock International Group • BBC • British Antarctic Survey • Com Dev • DSTL • e2v Technologies • EADS • East Midlands Airport • EchoStar Europe • Electro Detectors • EMICS • Enterprise Control Systems • Ericsson • ETL Systems • Freescale Semiconductor • Gigatronix • Health Protection Agency • Honeywell • Ingersoll-Rand • Intertek Testing & Certification • iWireless Solutions • Liverpool John Lennon Airport • M/A-Com Technology Solutions • Manchester Airports Group • Met Office • Ministry of Defence • National Physical Laboratory • NVIDIA • Plextek • Presteigne Charter • QinetiQ • Qualcomm • Renishaw • RFI Global Services • RF Micro Devices • Rohde & Schwarz • Selex ES • Sennheiser Consumer Electronics • Simplicity AI • Siroda • SIS LIVE • Sony Europe • Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) • Systems Interface • Tamura Europe • Teledyne Defence • Televic Rail • TMD Technologies • Trinity College Dublin • TÜV SÜD Product Service • Tyndall National Institute • Ultra Electronics • UKAEA • Underwriters Laboratories • University of Bristol • University of Liverpool • Vertu
Please click here and complete the contact form or call our office on +44 (0)1962 920 123.